Thursday, March 08, 2007

Teaching to the math test

As Janet noted in her (second) comment to my last post, I have not updated this blog in some time. I'd like to pretend that some valid reason exists for that, but the truth is that I was trying to avoid that meme that was going around the edu-blogo-sphere about blogs that make you think. Early in my time here, I accidentally said some things that may (MAY - I'm not entirely certain, but those words MAY) have encouraged lucid thought, maybe even cogent thought. I apologize.

But now that the coast is clear, I can return to telling tales out of school.

This town I live in is small by most people's standards - gaining on 15 thousand people. To me, that's pretty damned big, as I grew up right around three highway corners from Grogan, Minnesota. Grogan has more cats than people, and only seventeen cats. There is no Pizza Hut in Grogan. No PetSmart, either.


Anyway....

As big as this town is, the back streets don't go on forever. Instead, they lead to the open road, to the lure of new worlds to explore. So I clambered into the truck with Alpha the other day, and we followed that lure east. I know that Lenny's Bar-and-Grill-and-SwapMeet is north, so I paid attention. No Pizza Hut. No PetSmart. Just a Dodge:













I was delighted to finally know the answer.


Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified Tagalog/Filipino
|

2 Comments:

Blogger Mister Teacher said...

"Brace yourself, oh human speck of dust! I swear that on this night, you shall dine in hell!"

Amerloc, that's not directed towards you, but I just wanted to share my unique battlecry... :)

9:57 PM  
Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

I'm sure that that picture will enlighten loads of Dodge owners as well!

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home