Friday, April 21, 2006

A short vacation

Only moments ago came back through the door, returning from another brief sojourn at the doggie hotel. Nice place, it is: they keep the radio tuned to public radio, the air conditioner at 75, and the food bowl filled. And the wi-fi works well, so I was able to come across a tidbit to share with you:

A man wrote a letter to a small hotel in a Midwest town he planned to visit on his vacation. He wrote:

"I would very much like to bring my dog with me. He is well groomed and very well behaved. Would you be willing to permit me to keep him in my room with me at night?"


An immediate reply came from the hotel owner who said :

"I've been operating this hotel for many years. In all that time, I've never had a dog steal towels, bedclothes or silverware, or pictures off the walls. I've never had to evict a dog in the middle of the night for being drunk and disorderly. I've never had a dog run out on a hotel bill.
Yes indeed, your dog is welcome at my hotel. And if your dog will vouch for you, you're welcome to stay here, too."


Happy Friday, one and all. Now I have to go see what that squirrel has been up to in my absence...


Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified Tagalog/Filipino
|

1 Comments:

Blogger "Ms. Cornelius" said...

That squirrel has been eating my birdseed! Sic 'em!

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home