Friday, March 31, 2006

My friends can tell

Almost, but again, not quite, had a squirrel for breakfast this morning. Nothing beats a good sprint first thing in the morning. And I've noticed that squirrels, especially when they're being hard-pressed, don't run in straight lines. They are definitely not the bunnies at the dog track. I chased this one around-the-trellis-over-to-the-fence-around-the-corner-and-up-the-little-tree. From there he stayed aloft as he made his way through the other two trees to the power line and from there over to the neighbors'.

It was a good run, if unsuccessful.

/edit/ Update: two more runs this afternoon. Thought I had him when he fell off the bird feeder and landed on his back, but not quite. Any more of this not-quite-successful crap, and I'm going back to teaching.


Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified Tagalog/Filipino
|

2 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

Ahh! So you're the reason squirrels are so afraid of humans, aren't you?!:)

7:31 AM  
Blogger Amerloc said...

I guess if the squirrel realizes it's always a human who lets me out the door, there might be a connection. But it seems tenuous to me.

I think squirrels are just sketchy.

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home