Friday, May 05, 2006

I cannot tell a lie...

Another glorious day in my neck of the woods. We had a nice storm last night. None of the lightning got too close, none of the thunder got too loud, and the rain came mostly straight down. Should be good for the tomatoes.

Of course, that information isn't what the two of you who stop by here on Fridays are looking for. You want the joke. You want to believe I came across a story to tell while I was seeking the end of the internet last night instead of enjoying the weather.

Here you go:

A small-town preacher on his walk home from the church one aftenoon noticed a group of boys, probably fourth or fifth graders, gathered around a puppy. They seemed to be having a very organized conversation, as first one would speak, then another.

When he got close enough, the preacher asked the boys what they were doing.

One explained. "This puppy is abandoned, and each of us wants it. To decide, whichever of us tells the biggest lie gets to keep the puppy."

"Oh, but you shouldn't lie," said the preacher. "Lying is a sin. When I was your age I would never have told a lie."

The boys looked at each other. Finally, the one who had explained spoke again. "OK, guys. He gets the dog."


Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified Tagalog/Filipino
|

5 Comments:

Blogger EHT said...

Those green 'maters need some corn meal and a skillet....great story!

9:01 PM  
Blogger Amerloc said...

Aye. They have my mouth watering already.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

love your tomatos, so jealous.

and that was a great joke!

hi, just dropping in from Whinger's place :-)

10:23 PM  
Blogger Whinger said...

I cannot BELIEVE you already have tomatoes.....
I'm as green as they are.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Amerloc said...

Kyahgirl- All you have to do to get 'maters like that is move to Texas. Central Texas. Or stay somewhere civilized and wait a bit, which might well make more sense.

Whinger- Every time I read your words, I turn green. Glad I could finally do the same to you. Some day, though, I'm gonna roll back through the Bay Area, and I'm buying you and Partner drinks. I was recently promoted to "Old Fart" and I have the luxury of doing things like that.

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home