Saturday, February 11, 2006

High Five(s) for Donna

Donna reached out and tagged me almost a week ago, and until now I've managed to procrastinate. The north wind, however, has made lying in the sun less than optimal for passing a Saturday afternoon, so here goes:

What was I doing 10 years ago?
I was living in the mountains outside Las Vegas, Nevada. No fences, jack rabbits to chase, snowy roads in the winter to play and race along. Alpha and Beta were still going off to work every day, leaving me to hop up on the bed to get away from Ankle-Biter for the day. Or were you talking human years?

Five snacks that I enjoy?
Greenies
Cheese (I agree with Donna)
Squirrel (I can't make a list without squirrels)
Peanut Butter
Those tough chewy things Alpha gets at the feed store

Five bad habits?
I do some things that my people don't seem to care for, but I doubt seriously that I have any bad habits. Sure, when strangers come through the door, I leap to get as close as I can to smell their faces. And the neighbor dog and I have chased each other back and forth along the fence until grass doesn't grow there anymore. And I'll chase a squirrel half a block until he goes up a tree so I can bark at him. And I bark at the sound of one of those evil diesel engines. And I think the furniture is more comfortable than the floor and that Alpha's lap is the best place to sit and watch TV. But those aren't bad habits.

Five songs that I know all the lyrics?
"Wet Kisses"
"Basking in the Sun"
"Scratch My Back"
Everything on the "Tails of the City" album by Murray Weinstock
but especially "Gimme That Bone"

Five things I would do if I were a millionaire?
adopt more dogs
get my own recliner in front of the TV
buy more beef
get a bigger beer bowl
get Ankle-Biter his own food bowl so I could empty it when he wasn't looking and still have my own food left

Five things I like doing?
chasing squirrels
chasing rabbits
chasing shadows
riding in the car
lying in the sun

Five favorite toys?
bone
rock
stick
Alpha's arm
Squeakie

Five things I would never wear, buy or get again?
neutered

Five people I am tagging
Again, like I did with the Sevens meme, I'm not gonna tag anyone I know, although I'm thinking about maybe Tigger, or Hubert, or Stubby, maybe even Sammi and Boomer , or Maggie or Bonnie. Like I implied, I don't know these rabbit and squirrel chasers personally, but given their interests, it would be fun to see what they have to say about the Fives.


Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified Tagalog/Filipino
|

2 Comments:

Blogger Fred said...

Oh, I love this post. The best part? You didn't tag me!!

9:42 PM  
Blogger Pigs said...

Aw, that was so funny! I'd like to add to your list of things I'd never wear again the stupid shirts with dumb sayings on them that my mom makes me wear. Saying I'm a hot little number doesn't make the doggie crop top any better. Plus, my backfat bubbles out.
Licks and cuddles,
Gus the Beagle

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home