Friday, March 10, 2006

Last one from the doggie hotel

Alpha and Beta get home tomorrow, so this is my last post from the fancy digs at the doggie hotel! Yay!

Cinderella sat in the throneroom, reminiscing over her long reign. She was nearing 99 years, and though her husband, the prince, had died more than a decade ago, their children continued to give her great satisfaction. She felt her years, but was content, and that much showed in the easy way she scratched the ears of the Pomeranian in her lap.

The air in front of her shimmered, and for the first time since her youth, her fairy godmother appeared. “Cinderella,” she said, “you have ruled long and faithfully. You have made me proud. You have confirmed my faith in you. By way of reward, I would like to grant you a second wish, and a third. What can I do that would make you happy?”

“Oh, fairy godmother, I have already been so blessed,” Cinderella answered, “but if you insist on this extraordinary generosity, I would love to be once again young and beautiful, to have the grace I once had.”

The fairy godmother waved her wand, and it was done. Cinderella was again the enchanting beauty who had gained the love of the prince.

“And what else, Cinderella? What would make your life complete?” asked the fairy godmother.

“But my life is complete, fairy godmother,” came the answer. “Though if you would add to your gift, let my precious dog become a man as tall and handsome and kind and young as my prince was when we married.”

“Let it be so,” said the fairy godmother as she waved her wand. The tiny dog disappeared, and in his place stood a youth, tall and handsome and young and kind.

As the air again shimmered and the fairy godmother disappeared, the young man turned to Cinderella and said, “ I would wager that at this instant you wish you hadn’t had me neutered.”


Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified Tagalog/Filipino
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home